(This sheet can be printed as a reference guide – File>>Print or ctrl+p usually)
For Section 2 and 3 you can download the PDF sheet, fill it out and email, fax, or regular mail it to Xat Income Tax. Another, easier way, is to click on the first option, fill it out and have it sent directly to us.
1. Go to Taxpayer Information Sheet section (Section 2.). You MUST fill out the Information sheet that applies. If you do not own a home, condo, etc, or paying on one, fill out the Renter sheet.
2. Go to Section 3 and fill out items 1 and 2 on the engagement letter, ‘sign’ it and submit.
3. You MUST fill out the Questionnaire in Section 4 based on the following (When filled out the ‘Questionnaire’ is automatically sent to Xat Income Tax);
a. If you are single or married and not claiming any dependents, DO NOT do the ‘Questionnaire’, unless you have self-employment income.
b. If you are married and only claiming the children from the marriage, DO NOT do the ‘Questionnaire’ unless you have self-employment income.
c. If you are single and claiming dependents you MUST fill out the ‘Questionnaire’. d. If you are married and claiming dependents that are not your children from the marriage, you MUST fill out the ‘Questionnaire’.
4. If you have self-employment income go to the tab marked ‘Self Employed’ under the FORMS drop down menu. Find the form you need, print it, fill it out and send to us.
5. If you have job related expenses that you think you can take, go to the tab marked ‘Job Related Expenses’ under the FORMS drop down menu.
6. If you are planning to itemize, go to the tab marked ‘Itemizing Information’ under the FORMS drop down menu. List your deductions and submit them to us.
7. We MUST have copies of your (and spouse’s if married) current (unexpired) Driver’s License or other government issued photo identification.
8. We MUST also have a copy of your social security card (and spouse’s, if married) on file, along with the social security cards of all of the dependents you are claiming. If you are not sure that we have it in our system, send it/them again.
9. We will need proof that you and everyone on your return had medical coverage all year.
10. We also need copies of any W2 forms, 1099 forms and any other information relating to the preparation of your tax return.
11. If you have sent items land 2 electronically, you can send items 4 through 10 by fax, email or regular mail. Number 3 is automatically sent to us.